Big Brother 2013: Marcus Bentley will be back as narrator

While Brian Dowling has been given the axe from Big Brother 2013, narrator Marcus Bentley has confirmed he will be returning. Channel 5 bosses are looking to shake up the aging reality show this summer and confirmed yesterday that Brian would be replaced on the main show by current Bit On The Side presenter Emma Willis. 

Channel 5′s director of programmes Ben Frow said: “Emma is a natural on screen, she’s made the spinoff show her own and now the time is totally right for her to step up. I know she’ll take Big Brother to the next level and I can’t wait to see her dealing with the housemates both famous and soon to be famous. 

Marcus Bentley
“I’d also like to thank Brian Dowling for doing such a sterling job over the last two years. He’s been a big part of the success of the show and I wish him the very best.”But while the faces of the show may be changing, the voice isn’t, with Geordie Marcus back narrating the show once again. 

He joked with his fans on Twitter following the news of Brian’s axe, saying: “Experienced Voice Over bloke looking for work! Preferably voice over work – although I make a mean cuppa!”

But later confirmed: “Oh I think that may have been bad timing that last tweet. I am thankfully doing Big Brother this summer. I hadn’t read the news today.”Big Brother 2013 will air on Channel 5 in the summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More